- DSP Applications Engineer
Texas Instruments, Inc
1996 - present
- Maintained internal VLIW scheduling tool for
TMS320C6000-family DSPs, and developed various
VLIW scheduling improvements,
- Wrote optimized DSP functions in VLIW assembly
- Analyzed and help specify extensions to
C6000-family DSP architecture,
- Initiated and maintained group source code
- Generally supported architecture, compiler and
benchmarking efforts related to C6000-family DSPs.
- Student System Administrator
Bradley Univ. Computing Services, 1996
- Computer Hotline Consultant
Bradley Univ. Computing Services, 1992-1996
- Independent Computer Consultant and Programmer
- Dr. Andrew Purvis, 1995-1996
Michigan, Inc., 1995-1996
- E.W. Bliss, Inc, 1992-1993
- Roush Acct. and Tax Service, 1990-1993
- Hastings Public Library, 1989-1992
- Hastings YMCA, 1989-1991
- Systems Programmer and Administrator
Inc., Summer 1995
- Salesperson and Assistant Manager
Hastings Radio Shack, 1991-1993
- Computer Programmer
Hastings TrueValue, 1990-1991
Computer Experience Overview
- Operating Systems:
AT&T System V, MS-DOS,
- Current Architectures:
Extensive use of TMS320C6x VLIW DSP, IBM PC, Sun Sparc
- Current programming focus is on C and
- Fluent in C, Assembler (multiple 8-, 16-, and 32-bit
platforms), Bourne Shell, HTML.
- Somewhat knowledgeable in C++, Pascal, and Perl.
- Self taught in all but C and 68HC11 & 8051
assembler with over 15 years of extensive programming
experience using multiple platforms.
- Currently personal interests include developing VLIW
programming and scheduling techniques for devices
such as the 320C6x DSP.
- Personal programming projects:
- Projects in sound synthesis and filtering using
- Personal investigation
into real-time 3-D graphics rendering and animation.
- Investigation of various visual
- Custom WWW/CGI-script programming
- Investigation of custom VLIW scheduling techniques
for VLIW architectures.
- Knowledgeable about TCP/IP stacks and fundamental network
- TCP/IP Network hardware and software configuration and
- SLIP/PPP troubleshooting experience
- HTTPd (WWW Server) configuration and maintenance